My photo
A San Francisco resident, I devote my time to experiments in the kitchen, volunteering, cinema and live music, and teaching. I love art as I do activism.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Photo du jour


Will it do for tablets (and computers and e-readers...) what the iPhone has done for the cell phone?


Should've gone in a different direction with the name (sounds like an electronic feminine hygiene product), methinks, even though it's a logical choice to keep it related to the iPod. Brian Stelter of the New York Times gives apt reasoning for why the iPad is a risk for Apple: where the iPhone could more than adequately replace a cell phone, PDA, digital camera and music player, the iPad replaces... books? No one reads anymore anyways, books or newspapers, and we all know it'll never compete with even the lowest-end of the netbook market. So, I think I'll just stick to my iPod Touch and netbook combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment