My photo
A San Francisco resident, I devote my time to experiments in the kitchen, volunteering, cinema and live music, and teaching. I love art as I do activism.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Debut

Hello, readers.
I feel strange writing this introduction since it's the third time I've had to do one for a blog, but I'm doing my best to craft this blog differently so it's probably necessary. The previous two I wrote and designed (within the constraints of blogger, of course) didn't fall apart nor did I lose any interest in them, but because both were oriented strictly around film news, reviews and discussions, their scope was rather limited - and I didn't feel I was able to fully express my views. There was also the issue of me having been enrolled in a very writing-heavy ethnographic course at my now-alma mater that stood in the way of timely and consistent posts, but now I'm just making excuses.

This blog, though it'll be cultivated with cinematic considerations for the most part, will be a place for provocation and serious banter between you, the reader, and me, and also between myself and possible guest bloggers, in arenas of our lives outside of the theater and Hollywood. So, I hope, this blog will be serious-minded yet balanced and open enough to be stimulating and, with time and more posts and readers, fun. Expect topics of discussion vast and varied but deep and well-researched. The internet is a great place for people to broadcast their ignorance, so I'll do my best to keep from making contributions to that pool.

To clean, open conversation without frills and flash!

Thanks for visiting,
R.J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment